Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Cover 71: Aleister Einstein cover "Creep" by Radiohead

 I did not have high hopes for this one, as most of the other covers on the tribute album Anyone Can Play Radiohead:  A Tribute To Radiohead are not very good.  Some of these covers are just not very capable cover attempts, while others sound like the artist is trying to put out a sort-of remix sounding cover.  In the end, almost none of the covers on this tribute album works (I'm sure I'll get to some of the others eventually).  For me the highlight is the Aleister Einstein cover of the one Radiohead song most people know, aka the "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" of Radiohead's cover.

   This cover fits in the sort-of remix sounding cover style I mentioned above, and it works decently.  The first part of the cover spreads out the famous guitar noodle in and out of the landscape on top of the kind of electronic beat that was somewhat common in the 1990s but you rarely hear these days.  The famous distorted guitar parts around the chorus are still here, but cleaned up and sanitized.  Then, for reasons unknown, there is a bit of French dialogue in the latter third of the song.

   A great cover?  No.  But points for making a decent effort, especially considering how incredibly lame the rest of this soggy tribute album is.

✅✅✅

No comments:

Post a Comment